On 4/29/2008 5:26 PM, David Laakso wrote:
> Erik Harris wrote:
>> I'm setting up a small site with WordPress, and am having trouble
>> getting my footer to the bottom of its containing DIV.
>>
>> http://www.vantagehoa.org/wordpress/regional-info/
>> 1 - How do I get the "footer" DIV to the bottom of the "body" DIV?
>> 2 - How do I vertically center the content in the "footer" DIV?
>> (currently one span and one DIV, but I've tried two DIVs as well)

> Fixed position is not the easiest thing to pull off in IE/6 as it is not
> supported. Good idea to code to FF and Opera.  Better idea to code to FF
> and Opera with /very frequent checks/ back to IE/7 *and* IE/6.
> These are two methods for bringing IE/6 on board.

I suppose I could do that, but I'm not looking to fix the footer at the
bottom of the viewport - I want to fix it at the bottom of its
containing DIV (div.body, which I suppose should technically be changed
to div#body), which has a min-height of 95%.  In other words, for short
pages, I want the footer at the bottom of the screen, and for long
pages, I want it below the content, not visible from the top of the
page.  If what I want isn't possible (though I'm sure it should be),
I'll look at implementing one of these fixed footer tricks.

> <http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/moa_8d.html>

Interesting.  This one doesn't work at all in IE6 (at least not in
IE6-Standalone), despite supposedly being a way to make fixed
positioning work in IE6.  The other one does work in IE6, though.

--

Erik Harris                                http://www.eHarrisHome.com
-        AIM: KngFuJoe - Yahoo IM: kungfujoe7 - ICQ: 2610172        -