Peter Bradley wrote:

> There are a couple of other things I've noticed, which someone might be
> able to help with:
>
> *  Is there any way of stopping the navigation menu from wrapping when
> the screen size gets smaller.  I'd prefer horizontal scroll bars, if
> it's possible
>
> *  In IE6, the menu items "twitch" to the left when they're first
> pointed at.  I'm not terribly worried about IE6, but it would be nice to
> stop it if it can be done.
>
> *  Also in IE6, the clickable area has not expanded to include the
> entire 'button'.  Is it impossible to make IE6 do that?
>

> Peter

re: <http://www.sarahbutler.org.uk/index.html>

One way of doing some of that stuff is to set min/max width and shove the menu
to the left. A work around for min/max for IE/6 is needed (6 does not support
min/max). This will avoid the h-scroll bar. The menu will not wrap, except with
heavy-hand font-scaling, and in a window less than 800. And the line-measure
will be more appropriate, even at upper resolutions.

Please see:

<http://www.chelseacreekstudio.com/ca/cssd/sb.htm>
(additions to cc's in head of document)
css revision and additions
<http://www.chelseacreekstudio.com/ca/cssd/sb_files/default0.css>

Work around method for IE/6 lifted from here [1]. Read Georg's documentation
carefully, paticularly regarding Author's font size declared on html, body or
wrapper-division.

[1] <http://www.gunlaug.no/tos/moa_12a.html>

--
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/