Peter Bradley wrote:

> I forgot.  IDs count more than classes, don't they.

Yes, and specificity gets strengthen by adding parents/grandparents to
the selector-chain.
You can go all the way back to the root (html) if necessary, and add
even more specificity and fine-tune targeting by including whatever ids
and classes you have made available for such a selector-chain.
Advice: start low on specificity, and add more only when needed - not
before, otherwise you may end up with unnecessary long selector-chains.

> Half a day of my life wasted for forgetting that!

Make sure you don't forget that now, and you may end up with spare time
as a reward :-)

        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no