From: Gunlaug Sørtun [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 22 June 2008 09:34
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
Subject: Re: [css-d] Fixed div and Anchors

Nic Pulford wrote:
> Your right, it does work with anchors. My solution does not work in
> IE 6, and the problem with your solution is that it changes the
> layout of the rest.

I don't know anything about your layout, so it doesn't surprise me that
something that isn't built for and/or tested and tweaked to fit, doesn't.

> Your solution Only works in IE 6 if the anchor contains something ie
> 'testing'.

IE6 treats anchors like that no matter how they're styled, IIRC.
In the old days I used to put in a no-breaking space to solve that
problem, and control the anchor's visual size and effects on its
surroundings with 'overflow: hidden'.

> Any ideas?

Maybe ... if I get to see the actual layout that needs them.

BTW: here's the "Named Anchors and Fixed Headers?" posts from last year...
<http://archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss/93615>

regards
        Georg
--