Olivier Sannier wrote:
> Bill Brown wrote:
>> Hi Olivier,
>>
>> Try this:
>> http://www.theholiergrail.com/tests/rctest/index.html
>>
>> (I've also included the source below.)
>>
>> Your HTML configuration was a little different than the example on
>> 456BereaStreet, so I just wrote it based around your specific code.
>>
>> I tested it on IE6/WinXP, IE7/WinXP, Safari 3.1.1/WinXP, Opera
>> 9.50/WinXP, Firefox 3/WinXP, Firefox 3/Ubuntu 8.04 and Opera
>> 9.50/Ubuntu. They all seemed ok. IE6 is showing a weird redraw issue
>> occasionally, even with the hasLayout and relative positioning applied,
>> but I don't have any real answers (or concerns even really) about that.
>>
> Thanks for this, it does look very promising indeed.
> However, I tried it in my own page and it does not quite work as
> expected. I posted the results at this address :
>
> http://obones.free.fr/cssbox/
>
> There must be something I'm not doing right.
> Note that, as you surely guessed, the page there is just a static
> version of a generated page. I believe it shows a fair set of all the
> "boxes" I'll have in the website, and as you seen all they have in
> common is what I showed in my previous email.
>
> Thanks again for your help, it is very much appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Olivier

Hello Oliver

You are having problems with this ruleset.

.box-title {
     background-color: #eeeeee; /* this color hides the image left edge */

   background-image:          url("img/rcTR.png");
   background-position:       100% 0;
   background-repeat:         no-repeat;
   display:                   inline;*/
   float:                     righ
   margin-top:                -9px;
   position:                  relative;
   width:                     100%;
   z-index:                   1;
   zoom:                      1; /* hasLayout trigger */
}

Firstly remove the background-color from the above and tidy up the
syntax here.

   display:                   inline;*/
   float:                     righ

   display:                   inline;
   float:                     right;

You shouldn't have to used the property hasLayout trigger zoom for -IE7
since the given width will trigger hasLayout. I have only tested in FF
but it with the fixes it looks to be moving in the right direction. Good
Luck.

Alan

http://css-class.com/