> Philippe Wittenbergh wrote:
>>
>> A quick fix that works with some test pages here:
>> wrap all of your contents in a <div> and attach the background-image
>> to that div.

The problem with that is, I designed the body background image to
display the shadow border that extends to the right and left sides of my
layout. I can solve the shifting problem by removing the body bg image
-- but then, no more nice border.

In fact, I do have a background image attached to my maincontainer div.
That div (which has not shifted), repeats the inner portion of my body
background image. I found that this prevents an alignment problem with
the body background image that occurred when a visitor would resize the
page.