On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 23:30:57 -0500, RePost wrote:

> 1. Is there any way I can get the outer wrapper background to load before the
> content?
> The background image in the outer wrapper does not multiply vertically
> (repeat-y) until
> all the content has loaded. This happens in Firefox and not IE.

Yes. You can pre-load background images by including them in the
markup at the top of the page BODY. Apply a width=1, height=0 so
they don't take up space, and enclose them in a DIV that's positioned
"off-left" using your favorite method for doing it.

Because in-line images generally load before those declared in CSS,
this method is pretty effective cross-browser. Just be sure to give
them a dimension so they are in fact downloaded. I find that the
1-pixel width I used above works pretty well. (Hat-tip to Thierry
for this, from his "TIP" image placement.[1])

[1] <http://www.tjkdesign.com/articles/tip_5.asp>

Cordially,
David