Good Morning;

My test page is
http://www.edi-cp.com/newtech/test2_background_header.shtml
The top graphic is a background image and the bottom one is a foreground
image.

1)Is there any way to prevent the images from resizing when the user does
any of the zoom actions (ctrl++, etc)?
Our graphics guy gave me a great 800 by 170  jpeg which the owners want
presented at that size --What they really are saying is they want it to look
the same as it does when they open in photo shop.  They do not want to see
the distortion that happens when the user zooms in.
I know there are options (e.g. zoom text only) in the browsers to prevent
such zooming on graphics, but we cannot depend on the site visitors knowing
about and using those options.

Here is what happened.
I put up a sample page with the background image (and other stuff).
I immediately got e-mails from the two owners and the graphics guy, telling
me NOT to change the size of the graphic because it made parts of it fuzzy.
I explained the zooming a little bit.
They each claimed--"our users will be like me, that is they will be viewing
everything in the normal mode.  That means full screen 800X600 or 1024X768
with no zooming or modification of text size."
We went round the horn and found that not two of the four of us had the same
configuration (surprise).  They could not figure out how these things got
"changed" on their computer.
Now we had four different views of the sample page that we were trying to
reconcile.
Zooming the text is tolerable to all of us.

But zooming the images is not.

I know the technique,which Tedd and others have mentioned before, of making
the original image very large so that it is "rarely" zoomed beyond its
original size.

Sorry this got so long--some question and some rant.
Thanks for any help, pointers, suggestions.

Del