Hi, everyone,

I just joined the list and am looking forward to learning lots. I've
been developing websites for over 12 years but have only recently
started really getting serious about CSS, so I consider myself still
rather a novice.

I've just added a pure-CSS flyout left nav to a page and while the
menu works in both FF and IE, it pushes the main body content down to
start below the first side bar instead of at the top. The previous
menu code I used did not do this, but it also didn't work right in IE.

The test file is here: http://www.atlas-inspection.com/newsite/template3.html
The CSS for the main doc (and the old nav) is here:
http://www.atlas-inspection.com/newsite/styles.css
The CSS for the NEW left nav on this page is here:
http://www.atlas-inspection.com/newsite/makemenu.css

The old version using the menu that doesn't work right in IE but also
didn't move my body content is
here:http://www.atlas-inspection.com/newsite/template.html

The CSS validates. The HTML does not, but that's because of the
embedded flash elements.

Thank you all so much!

Jody

--