Luc wrote:
> Hello Gunlaug,
>
> It was foretold that on 23/10/2008 @ 01:26:02 GMT+0200 (which was
> 21:26:02 where I live) Gunlaug Sørtun would write:
>
> <snipped a bit>
>
>> Those headings are contained in #main-top, which has a 'width:
>> 36em' declared on it. This means it'll have a certain width, and
>> that width will change with font-resizing but _not_ with
>> window-resizing.
>
>> By simply changing that to...
>
>> #main-top {width: 100%;}
>
>> ...and deleting the left paddings on h1 and h2, the line-up will
>> adjust to window-size with the rest of the page, and won't be
>> affected by font-resizing.
>
> That's indeed simple lol.
>
> Your solution works for the main-top but i tried the same for the
> nested puller2 div but i had no luck. That one still gives me the
> same problem.

Delete 'width: 18em' on #puller2 and let that float default to 'width:
auto' and shrink-wrap. Delete 'margin-left: 1em' while you're at it.
That will give you the most stable line-up, at the right edge of #main-top.

> I also have a float drop in IE: resizing drops the whole content
> beneath the nav. Have i messed up my math somewhere?

Think so :-)

It is the percentage (not 100%) that makes it a little harder to
calculate trigger-points. I usually just test and tweak until it is
"close enough for comfort".

A quick test gives me these values for near-flawless operation on 96dpi
resolution screens...

* html #container{ width:expression(
(document.documentElement.offsetWidth) >(830/12)
* parseInt(document.body.currentStyle.fontSize)?  "48.75em"
: ((document.documentElement.offsetWidth) <(600/12)
* parseInt(document.body.currentStyle.fontSize)? "34.75em" : "96%")); }

I raised min-width to 34.75em because IE6 has a tendency to drop content
too early on narrow windows.

That expression do not work well on other screen-resolutions than 96dpi
- the most widespread one that IE6 may be found on at the moment, and
there's not much I can do about that since resolution can't be easily
checked and used as a variable in expressions.

> http://www.dzinelabs.com/sandbox/ieexpresssion.html

regards
        Georg
--