Good afternoon Gunlaug,

It was foretold that on 24/10/2008 @ 17:18:28 GMT+0200 (which was
13:18:28 where I live) Gunlaug Sørtun would write:

> You're right: web design isn't magic - just code :-)

Yup and code is already difficult enough for me, let alone magic ;-)

> FWIW: my expression takes height for font resizing. That's the whole
> idea behind extracting the browser's own font-size and using it to
> calculate dimensional trigger-points.

I see ... it starts to fall into place now!

> And, yes, ideally we should take all those variants and options at the
> user-end into account while designing. Someone may actually use them.
> Pity those who create hardware and software don't always agree on how to
> make all those variants and options interact, as that would have made it
> much easier for us.

> As more and more browsers come around to support mediaqueries, we can
> start doing something useful for end-users with other set-ups and
> preferences than our own. Still need some leveling on the hardware and
> software front for it to work consistently though.

Couldn't agree more.

--
Best regards,
 Luc

Using the best e-mail client: The Bat! version 4.0.18 with Windows XP
(build 2600), version 5.1 Service Pack 2 and using the best browser:
Opera.

"A democracy is a government in the hands of men of low birth, no
property, and vulgar employments." - Aristotle, Rhetoric,
Independency.