----- Original Message -----
From: "David Laakso" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Peter Hyde-Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "Nancy Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <css-d@lists.css-discuss.org>
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2008 10:49 AM
Subject: Re: [css-d] Site Check Please: Cedar Lake Inn

> In addition to comments from Nancy Johnson and Kelly Sigethy, David Laakso
> wrote:
>
> I hope this will bring IE/6 on board and level out some compliant browsers
> issues....
>
> /snip a bunch of implemented code/
>
> * html #bottomnav {
>  height: 1%;<-------:: add::
> border:1px solid fuchsia;<-------:: 4 position only::
> }
> /snip a bunch of other implemented code/

Thanks to everyone for the site check. I knew I was in trouble this morning
when I checked the site at work on Win2K/IE6. Uggh. Hence, I have made the
recommended changes and revalidated the lot. Avant was showing the
decapitated text last night, the line-height fix resolves that. Also, I'm
not killing anything at +/-2 page and +/-2 text zoom in FF3.0.3 (sounds like
I am using a Lee-Enfield). A few further issues/questions/comments:

1. In Avant, I am getting a large gap between the #bottomnav and the
#footer, like the large top-margin of the nav is being applied to the footer
as well.
2. For my edification, does the border: solid 1px fuchsia; in the * html
bottomnav declaration actually force something into position, or is it just
a marker? It is not visible in any of my browsers.
3. My WinXP/IE8 nor Win2K/IE6 do not render the *&there4;* (or *&#8756;*)
character entity. I ran across an article by Jukka Korpela that seems to
confirm this issue with math entities (among others). Any suggestions
besides picking one that works or using an image in its place?
4. Regarding the non-working links on the banquet page; yes, I knew those
were dead. I have to convert an extensive written food menu and booking
contract into something web post-able.

Thanks again, and bottom posting as always,

Peter
www.fatpawdesign.com
developing in: WinXP/SP2 + FF3.0.3 at 1024x768 and 1280x1024
checking in: IE8.0beta/O9.61/Av11.6/Cr0.2/Orca1.1
In God we trust, all else bring data...