>   Peter Hyde-Smith wrote:
>
> http://www.fatpawdesign.com/CedarLakeInn/CLIindex.html
> http://www.fatpawdesign.com/CedarLakeInn/CLIdining.html
>

> <http://www.fatpawdesign.com>

1/ Dunno. Clear the cache? No got Avant here.  I do not see the large gap
you mention in any of my XP or Mac OS X 10.4.11 browsers.

2/ * html (star html) preceding a selector is a hack to feed a specific rule
to IE/6 and down; consequently, the border will only be seen if you are
viewing the page in IE/6, IE/5.5, or IE5.01. The purpose of the border (a
background color could have been used instead) is to see if the correct
selector has been targeted and that its position has in fact been corrected
in IE/6, IE/5.5, or IE5.01. The border can then be deleted.

3/ Might be easier for patrons of the restaurant to read if you spell that
stuff out line for line-- no (flaky, personal opinion) character entities
needed? Something like...

Address and Telephone Number:

4919 Highway 144
Hartford, Wisconsin 53027