Ce Ce wrote:
> These days with the ability of most modern browsers to "zoom" in on an
> entire page (rather than just a text zoom), is it worth it to use ems or
> percentages rather than pixels for element and text sizing? If pixels are
> the most consistent measurement and not subject to inheritance -- would it
> be best to use pixels for all measurements from now on?
>
> Thanks, Ce Ce

I think what one uses depends on particular situations and needs at hand
-- what will do for this, may not do for that. "One size fits all, " as
they say in the clothing industry, does not necessarily work for all
situations on the Web. And our good friend of the list(s), Georg Sortun,
has produced some layouts that defy contemporary  reality-- sizing width
elements in pixels, em's, and percent -- and throwing in min/max width
to boot, all within one layout...

--

A thin red line and a salmon-color ampersand forthcoming.

http://chelseacreekstudio.com/