MEM wrote:
> http://www.cantinho.org/test6.html
> http://www.cantinho.org/css/teste_V6.css
> This layout is not an ordinary 3 columns layout with head and footer. He has
> to have the ability to change the border line differently on each column,
> and the columns height should always be the same and follow the footer.
> That's why I'm glad with this layout, is CSS, no table, (but I know that
> The issue is that white space when we use the zoom functions on IE or FF.

Hi Márcio,

For kicks, I coded the URL you submitted into TheHolierGrail framework.
TheHolierGrail has support for all the border and background changing
(including full-height columns) that you're seeking and has been tested
in quite a few browser/os combinations.

You can find a version with all of the code for TheHolierGrail here:
   Link: http://theholiergrail.com/cssd/cantinho-maximal.html
   Size: 3 KB (30 KB uncompressed)

...and this version contains only the code you need for your project:
   Link: http://theholiergrail.com/cssd/cantinho-minimal.html
   Size: 2 KB (11 KB uncompressed)

It shouldn't break when zooming in any browser, but when stressed in IE
(zooming to large text size or unbroken lengthy content like long urls)
it will save itself by cutting off some content.

There's a thousand arguments for and against the use of frameworks (even
mine <g>) and I don't want to start a debate, but I thought I'd offer it
up as a solution for you. I hope it helps.
--Bill

--
<!--
  ! Bill Brown - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - 484-809-8077