On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 12:20:10PM -0800, David Hucklesby wrote:
> Your solution is very close, Angel. Some very minor tweaks got it working
> this end in all my browsers -

As I already said, it was a couple of minutes typing to just show that
what the OP claimed he was trying for years (even asking on different
fora and so on) was as simple as a floated list.
> Nice demo.

Thanks.  Just wanted to show how easy the OP requirements could be meet
on a few lines of code.  That's all.

> It's unfortunate, but IE is so prevalent we do need to test
> with that browser -- even IE 5 is important, as recent IE versions revert
> to IE 5.5 rendering in quirks mode. If a visitor comes via the Google
> cached version, they get quirks in any IE version. Yikes!

I don't care about IE unless I get paid for it ;-) and so, of course,
I was not going to try to get the 3x3 demonstration working on it (I
even have to remote log to a W2k3 server to fire up IE, which I only
do at the end of all my web developments just to see if the site looks
sufficiently good there (of course I usually don't try to get web
sites to look identical in web browsers and InfernalEngine, it's
enough for me if the site is readable and doesn't look too ugly
---again, unless I get paid to fix it on IE, when I take the time to
make an special CSS loaded using condicional comments for the IE).

Cheers,
Ángel