On 18/1/09 23:32, Gunlaug Sørtun wrote:
> I suggest not using the browser-specific variants for real - only the
> standardized ones, and wait till browsers catches up with and stabilizes
> on the relevant standards - and us.
>
> If we use browser-specific extensions outside our sandboxes, we may
> create unnecessary splits between browsers that are otherwise more or
> less on the same level, and may in some cases promote inferior browsers
> over superior ones on some pretty unstable grounds. We may also create
> the need to go back and fix things once the standard versions kicks in,
> as test-versions and standard-versions may not give the same results.

Neither using experimental vendor-specific CSS properties or using
unprefixed proposed CSS3 properties (they're not "standardized"!) is
safe. But I'd have thought the former is safer, since vendors try not to
implement two experimental versions and the proposed property is subject
to change based on the experience of those implementations.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis