-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Koster

This is actually very frustrating to me (now). For all these many
past years, I've had my base font size set at 14px -- this was, for
the longest time, the recommended size (in px) for general
readability. Since being on this list, I've learned that this
recommendation is no longer valid, and percentages (specifically 100%
for one's base font) are the recommended way to go instead of px.

However, when I was doing my font sizing using px, I could very
easily size my text, headings, etc. with specific whole, rounded
numbers (9px, 14px, 23px, 37px, etc.) no problem at all, but from
what you've pointed out, if I start doing things using the far more
vague percentages values, then things will simply not quite look as I
might expect/hope from one platform/browser to another.

So this is all rather ironic: in order to get things to look right, I
have to do them in the wrong way (using px), but in order to do them
in the right way (using %), then I'll never be sure that it actually
looks right (in fact, I'm virtually guaranteed that things will look
wrong for some people).

Arrrrrgh...!

Ron :/

Woof?... http://www.Psymon.com