At 04:04 PM 2/18/2009 +0100, Gunlaug Sørtun wrote:
>We web designers create illusions, but there's no reason for us to live
>in them. Pixel sized text doesn't guarantee the "right" size anywhere
>but on our own screen(s) and in our own browser(s), and that's just
>something all web designers _have to live with_ whether they like it or not.

I understand what you're saying, but specifying
font sizes in pixels *does* guarantee that things
will look *proportionally* the same, regardless
of browser/platform. If I specify my font sizes as:

9px, 14px, 23px, 37px, etc.

...then that's what they'll be, no matter what
resolution, browser or platform the user is on,
and things will all look *proportionally* exactly
how I want them. With that said, however, I do
understand all the issues with using px instead
of percentages (or em) -- but again, this is just my frustration.

>One day, when the average screen resolution is well above 300dpi,

Well, a 300dpi monitor is certainly another
reason to *not* go with px, that's for sure!

Ron ;)

Woof?... http://www.Psymon.com
Ach, du Leni!... http://www.Riefenstahl.org
Hmm... http://www.Imaginary-Friend.ca