On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 7:30 PM, Ankeet P <mythic.bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Casey <casey.li...@caseyftw.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm working with a series of <div>s:

>> The inner <div>s are all float: left'd. However, when the contents of
>> the <div>s is too wide for the browser, the line of DIVs break. Is
>> there a way to prevent this, other than setting a fixed width for the
>> container <div>? (Yes, the alignment of the <div>s is crucial.)
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>>  - Casey
>
> Why couldn't you set a fixed width (perhaps to something arbitrarily high)?
> --Ankeet [ http://www.skyisturningred.com/ ]

Well, my contents are very variable. Sometimes, it's only a couple
hundred pixels while at other times it's a couple thousand pixels, and
I don't want there to be too much whitespace. (Unless there's a way to
"collapse" whitespace, in which case, please tell me.)

(By the way, I had originally typed a subject, but I sent it with the
wrong email, so it bounced. When I sent the new message with the
correct email, I forgot the subject.)

-Casey