> I'd like to re-code that page in css rather than a table. For one thing it'd
> be lots easier to retain the alphabetical order when adding or removing a
> new artist. The current code is certainly a mess and could certainly benefit
> from a cleansing:-)
>

> Can someone point me in the direction of coding idea or solution for this? I
> suppose, strictly speaking, the info can be presented as a table of data but
> there's still the alphabetical order issue when adding or removing artists.

One thing that I would do is reorganize the the columns by placing the
second name in the list to the right of the first name, the third name
in the spot vacated by the second, and the fourth name to the right of
the third, and so on.   I would make a container for all the
name+image divs with a set width, then float the individual div's to
the left.  Since 3 div's would be wider than the available width, you
would have two columns of names that would be easily reorganized by
adding new div's to the right spot alphabetically, or removing div's
no longer needed.

I'm probably wrong, but it seems as tho keeping the format as is would
take a lot more code and be less manageable since I assume you would
have place the name+image div's into additional divs for the
individual columns.

Don