If anyone's interested in trying to see if they can break the pages again, I'd
love to have you try :)  Some of the places I previously spotted it happening
are below:

http://www.kenyon.edu/x12366.xml
http://www.kenyon.edu/x7904.xml
http://www.kenyon.edu/x14305.xml
http://www.kenyon.edu/x34363.xml

Again, IE only.

What I ended up doing was applying a min-height to the content section.  The
real trick was that it's not the same min-height on each page.  I really gave
the CMS's xslt processor a workout to get it to estimate the height of that
left
column, and it's still not a pretty fix (in my opinion).  For the time being I
used the CMS's sniffer to only apply it when the page is accessed via IE.  If I
later am satisfied that the fix causes no problems in any other browsers I'll
probably drop that portion of the code so I don't have to depend on browser
detection.

Thanks for all the ideas; they did help get me pointed in the right direction
(I
think!  Unless someone finds it misbehaving again!)

~Rebecca