Hmm, I might have to resort to that.  The trouble with min-height, of course,
is
that our subnavs don't have a consistent height so I would either have some
pages that are taller than they should be or risk having it still happen in
some
cases.  I could probably prevent it on a larger number of subsites that way,
though.  I'm intrigued by your thoughts on why it's happening, though, and will
spend some time mulling them over, if only for the time-killing value ;)

It's a picky little design, ours.

~Rebecca