On Aug 27, 2009, at 7:25 AM, Michael Stevens wrote:

> [...]
I absolutely agree. So, if I go to this link in the site, and I decide
to do some digging around in the new site, now I have to drill back up
to get to the original site. If I'm REALLY lucky, the person in the
new site will have coded their site in such a way that I'm trapped in
their site, and even the back button just refreshes the page I'm on,
so now I have to either reenter the URL of the page I was on, or go
into my history and hope that one of the URLs in that list is
recognizable. I wish I could say I always have the presence of mind to
just right click the link and open the new window, but I don't.

I much, much prefer to have links open up in new windows or tabs. I'm
always thankful for it.

Theresa