At 8:03 AM -0600 11/18/09, Jack Timmons wrote:
>On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 7:58 AM, tedd <tedd.sperl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Gentlemen:
>>
>>  I've commented out the offending line, and now you can see the reason why it
>>  was there. Please review the following using FireFox:
>>
>  > http://php1.net/a-menus/simple-drop-down/
>>
>>  Now what?
>>
>>  Cheers,
>>
>>  tedd
>>
>>  --
>  > -------
>>  http://sperling.com  http://ancientstones.com  http://earthstones.com
>>

>I'm failing to see an issue. It all looks the same in IE 8, Firefox
>3.5.5, Safari 4.0.3, and Opera 9.64 to me.
>
>If you could tell me the specifics, since my eye is more than likely
>not catching some detail, I'd appreciate it.

Jack:

Really!!??!! Boy this is a real mystery (at least to me).

This is what I see:

http://php1.net/a-menus/simple-drop-down/drop-down.gif

If I choose CSS -> "Use Border Box Model", then I see the previous
problem, which was gaps appearing between the menu items and
fly-outs, as shown here:

http://php1.net/a-menus/simple-drop-down/drop-down2.gif

Now, I just went to BrowserCam and ran FireFox 3.5 in both Mac OSX
10.4 and 10.5 and don't see any of the aforementioned problems at
all, but on my system (Mac OSX 10.4.1 -- FF 3.5.5) I do.

I wonder what's the problem? Have I set something wrong in FireFox?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

tedd

--