> Hello all,
>
> I have the following menu:
> http://chequedejeuner.nuvemk.com/home.html
>
> I intend to arrive here:
> http://chequedejeuner.nuvemk.com/menu.pdf
>
> I was hoping that, if we give some padding on this css, we will be
> allowed to have the desired effect.
> However, this doesn't work.
>
> Here is the css:
> http://chequedejeuner.nuvemk.com/css/cd_marcio.css
>

> Can I please have your help, in order to find, what I'm doing wrong ?
>

> Thanks a lot in advance,
> Márcio

Update:

If we remove the overflow:hidden; (it seems to allow the bottom padding).
But it doesn't allow the padding-top.

If we change the parent (ul) value, from 0 to 10em, for example, it seems to
allow the top-padding as well, so, should we change the padding values on
the UL instead of changing then on the a element ?

Why the overflow:hidden; doesn't allow the padding-top and bottom, to work?
I thought that the overflow:hidden; will hide the content that is
wider/higher than a given container element for example.
But this was not the case... Can anyone clear those thoughts ?

Thanks again,
Márcio