Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:

>    First, fix the HTML errors.
>
>    Then remove the stylesheet and start from scratch, specifying only
>    what is absolutely necessary.
>
>    Why do you want to make the page too small for me to read?
>    That's what you do with font-size: 62.5%. Then you increase the
>    size so it is still to small for me to read comfortably.

Hi Chris,

I will go back to see what extraneous CSS is in my stylesheet. I do re-use
styles from site to site so it is possible I had extra in there, though I
thought it was all CSS being used for pages that are on the site just not
uploaded to the server yet. Regardless, I will check that.

In the meantime, regarding your other comments:

Could you be more specific about the HTML errors? I did validate the HTML,
but the only errors I got were regarding the drop-down menu that I am asking
for help with. I can't fix those, as I don't know what I can do differently
with that menu. The validation errors have to do with the IE6 hack. Again
the menu was one I got from a resource site. If you feel that I need to find
a new menu, say so. (sure, coding my own would be better. I'm working on
learning how to do that but just not there yet.)

Regarding your question about making the page too small for you to read, I
am open to any teaching you wish to offer. As I learned CSS, I read over and
over that the "right" way to size fonts is to set the page font size to
62.5% and then increase using ems. I am using a browser resolution of
1280x1024 and the font size I am using is 1.4em, which I felt was a suitable
size, and to me, looks comparable to fonts on other sites I see. But if this
is not the "right" way to do it, I'm open to hearing what is.

Thanks,
Kym