> -----Original Message-----
> From: Chris F.A. Johnson [mailto:ch...@cfajohnson.com]
>    There were 12 errors at validator.w3.org.

I conceded that - when I posted my initial question, I ~did~ state there
were validation errors. But if you'd looked at all 12 of them, every one of
them was related to the navigation menu, which was exactly the reason I was
posting here. I did not know ~what~ was wrong, what was causing the
validation issues. I was asking for help. Paul's response about the improper
syntax was the issue (though, unfortunately, fixing that caused the menu to
die in Firefox).

> > Regarding your question about making the page too small for you to read,
> > am open to any teaching you wish to offer. As I learned CSS, I read over
and
> > over that the "right" way to size fonts is to set the page font size to
> > 62.5% and then increase using ems.
>
>    When I was learning CSS I read over and over that setting the font
>    size to 62.5% was not only wrong, but the technique was thoroughly
>    ridiculed.
>
>    The correct size is 100%, i.e., the user's preferred font size.

Well then I suppose I've been ridiculed. Again, I'm here to learn. And I
~thought~ that was the right way to do it. I do the best I can learning, I'm
trying very hard to learn the standards and produce the best sites that I
can. Of course I know that you can't believe everything you read on the
internet, but I'd seen more than a few tutorials that showed how to size
fonts this way. I will go back and read more about it and learn the right
way.

I'm sorry if my posting was rather a nuisance - I have found this list to be
very informative and appreciate any help that I can get.

Kym