On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 4:26 PM, MEM <tal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/4/28 jeffrey morin <rufus2...@gmail.com>:
> > Am I missing something?
> >
> > Jeff
>

> Allow me Jeff, you are missing the main point here. A very big main point.
> Designing for web is not, the same thing as designing for paper.
> Even designing for paper is not a guarantee that all will be equal
> seen by everybody.
>
> Can you have the same monitors with the same definitions, with the
> same browsers, and a same par of eyes for everyone? Yes. Hard task.
> But possible.
> But even if you do that... I believe subjective will beat you for good. ;)
>
> The main point you are missing is a theoretical understanding about
> what design is, and what are is goals.
>
> Main point: You are wasting your energies on a  almost impossible and,
> even worst, not even important, task. :)
>
> Regards,
> Márcio

Thank you Márcio. I do get the point of the original discussion. I was just
pointing out an idea that in theory I thought it would be possible to get
the same font sizing. I did point out that it wasn't something I endorsed. I
have read many things about IE and font resizing and try to use ems whenever
possible.

Jeff