David Laakso wrote:

> This:
> html {
> font-family : "Trebuchet MS", Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
> font-size: 80%;
> }
>
> Becomes this [user friendly and shorter]:
> html {
> font : 100%/1.4 Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
> }

With the greatest respect, your dislike for the fonts which
Microsoft explicitly commissioned for the web ("Trebuchet MS",
Tahoma, Verdana : I do not seek to defend Georgia !) is surely
not sufficient reason for recommending that Eric jettison
them in favour of Helvetica and/or Arial ?  I would respectfully
suggest that there is nothing objectively superior about the
latter, and if the designer prefers the MS three, then he
should feel free to specify them.

Philip Taylor