> This:
> html {
> font-family : "Trebuchet MS", Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
> font-size: 80%;
> }
>
> Becomes this [user friendly and shorter]:
> html {
> font : 100%/1.4 Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
> }

David, for someone whose contributions here are so consistently
helpful and well-informed your crusade against Verdana is difficult to
comprehend, and out of place on this list. Several times I've nearly
risen to the bait of previous comments but held back 'cos it's nothing
to do with css. Unfortunately you might even succeed here and there in
seeding uninformed prejudice against one the most legible sans
currently available for common use, cross-platform, on the web.

As a starter:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Carter

Peter H.