--- On Fri, 8/20/10, Gail Issen <gis...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> The way I remember the order is that they sound like TROUBLE ... TRBL ... >
> Top Right Bottom Left.

I just remember it as clockwise, starting from the top. This works completely
obviously for 4 values, and pretty obviously for 2 (top/bottom and left/right
'mirror' each other).

For 3 (which is by far the hardest to remember), you just need to bear in mind
that it's more common to have differing top/bottom values than it is
left/right, so the repeated value is, instinctively, the left/right one.

1 value isn't a problem :)

Those spec-writers actually did things pretty logically when they were drafting
CSS!

- Bobby