Thierry Koblentz wrote:
>>> Thank you David!! I normally don't think "bug" when something is
>>>
>> going wrong
>>
>>> in my desired results.
>>>
>> I think what Alan suggested will work as well and avoids writing a
>> hack.
>>

> Actually I think there is no need for the selector hack.
> One can safely style floats with display:inline as per spec the
> computed value will be *block* anyway.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Thierry

David wrote:
draftingservices . com

Yes, that's correct. Note Brian has either read your response and deleted
the * html preceding the selector --  or, he neglected to include * html
preceding the selector in the first place. And either way, the float does
not drop. But, on a purely personal note, I would leave the star html. This
may be because I sometimes suffer from "short-term-memory-loss."

Best,
~d

Speaking of memory loss... Yes, I forgot the selector. Ouch, and thanks for
pointing it out. It's back now. I'm leaving the hack in too. As they say...
If you don't have the time, and it aint broke, then don't fix it.
-Brian