Timariane Thornewig wrote:

Here's how you can see the problem I'm experiencing in IE7:
enter http://ipinfo.info/netrenderer/index.php
(this site is particularly helpful for me because I'm on a mac)

at that site in IE8, Render: http://www.ashelighting.com/architectural3.html

I'm going to pass over your bug, because I am sure that
others more expert than I will be able to help; I simply
want to comment on the page per se :

1) I like the page very much; striking and simple.

2) Apparent links such as "Firm" ("Services",
  "Projects) ought to lead somewhere; a visitor
   should not need to select a sub-item such
   as "Principle" (see below) before being able
   to follow a link.

3) There is a nasty inconsistency in "Valerie Ashe
   Lighting Design specializes in fine residential and
   landscape lighting design. She works with architects, ".

   Either Valerie Ashe Lighting Design is a company ("firm",
   in your terminology),  in which case "specializes" is fine,
   or she is a person, in which case "She works" is fine,
   but you can't have it both ways.

4) Another inconsistency : "Principle" or "Principles" ? Both
   are used.  "Principles" is better, IMHO.

5) "Firm" is more frequently "About Us", and the meaning of
   the word is not entirely clear when used this way.

6) But I still like the design :-)

Philip Taylor