On 8/31/10 10:18 PM, Timariane Thornewig wrote:
Thank you, Beth. That worked! You can see it in:
http://www.ashelighting.com/controldesign4.html

Now I just need to fix my background image problem in IE 6.  Does
anyone know if there is a way to make .png files appear correctly in
IE 6?

There are fixes for 24-bit transparent PNGs, but most use a Microsoft
"filter" that does not allow for positioning other that "top left" or
"stretch to cover". My recommendation would be to use a transparent
PNG-8 or GIF for IE 6, via an IE-only style sheet or using the "star
HTML hack."[1]

If you are happy with a scripting solution, I believe DD_belatedPNG.js
does allow positioning:

http://dillerdesign.com/experiment/DD_belatedPNG/

I've not tried this though.

Cordially,
David
--
[1] See article on filters at Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSS_filters