On Jun 3, 2011, at 9:44 AM, Micky Hulse wrote:

> Which service would you choose? I don't have experience with either,
> but my gut is saying "go with Fontspring".

Depends on which fonts you want…  Fontspring doesn't carry the Adobe fonts,
afaik
Otoh, Fontspring offers self-hosting, where as TypeKit doesn't.

You may also want to have a look at Webink/fontfuse
http://www.extensis.com/en/WebINK/index.jsp

or
FontDeck
http://fontdeck.com/

> With either service, is there a good way to avoid the "flash of
> un-styled fonts"? I personally find that the most annoying thing about
> custom web fonts when visiting sites that use these techniques.

Firefox 4 'killed' that by introducing a delay before showing the text, I
thought ? Something similar to what WebKit does.

Philippe
--
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com/