At 4:48 PM +1000 6/6/11, Alan Gresley wrote:
On 4/06/2011 8:28 PM, Barney Carroll wrote:
But I digress. Whenever I've tried to achieve the effect I've done it by
trial, observation and error.The same values of relative darkness or
lightness applied to other colours have never worked, and I've needed to
achieve the effect manually.

ŠI'd be very interested if anybody were to get this right though!

Regards,
Barney Carroll

Yes, I have. See the example above and the example in my reply to Andrew. I'm still working on the maths but I believe I have hit the most aesthetic values.

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/

Neat.