While I am tempted to get some popcorn and watch you two bludgeon each other
with fancy tech/design words, I think its better to re-focus, and try to
explain my point more clearly.

With inset, outset, groove and so on, you choose one color *for each side of
the border*, but then the final result is two colors for each side of the
border.  A darker or lighter color is chosen for me based on the color I
choose. So if I made different color sides of the border, including top,
bottom, and so on, each using groove for instance, then I would finally have 8
colors in the complete border.

What I am saying, and I apologize for being unclear, is that I would like to be
able to choose the relationship between those two colors in one side of the
border, or at least have more options than I do now.  Now, I can choose one
color for one side of the border, and using groove or ridge will tell the
browser to calculate the other color (again, just for one side of the border)
based on some formula. I don't see why another formula can't be substituted, or
indeed why I can't just specify 2 colors for the one side of the border.

But just to be serious for a second, I do enjoy the discussion.

HTH,

Andrew

>From: Barney Carroll <barney.carr...@gmail.com>

I don't follow what you are saying here.