> On 13/09/2011 12:43 PM, Elli Vizcaino wrote:

>>  I found this on a possible fix:
>>
> http://www.builtfromsource.com/2006/10/23/a-fix-for-suckerfish-dropdowns-in-ie-7/
>>  - I added #main-nav li.about:hover { position: static;} Can someone
>>  please confirm that this works in IE7 and the sub menu NO longer
>>  hangs or freezes. http://e7flux.com/dfd/index.html
>>
>>  Much appreciated!
>>
>>  Elli Vizcaino
>
> This sticky drop-down menus in IE7 can be turn on and off very easy. You say
> you
> have Windows so I can not understand why you would not have at least IE8. If
> this is correct, you can check IE7 by using IE7 emulation mode in IE8. The
> sticky drop-down bug is described here.
>
> http://css-class.com/articles/explorer/sticky/
>
> and just a simple change like background-color,
>
> http://css-class.com/articles/explorer/sticky/stickybug2.htm
>
> can fix the bug.
>
> My article and the article on Built from source is describing a bug that
> requires JavaScript for IE6 support. Since I see no JavaScript in your code,
> this is not the bug that someone has observed.
>
> I cannot link from this list archives since they stop at the 1st of September
> but from my inbox, I can see that it was Chetan that noted this.
>
>>  In IE7-WinXP, once the drop down menu appears it stays visible even after
>>  moving the mouse outside.
>>
>>  Regards,
>>  Chetan Crasta
>

> Chetan, can yob please described what you observed.

Alan, I had come across changing the background color as a solution but felt
that in my case since the background requires a transparent png image that
would not have worked. In your article, I see that one also has the option of
placing the background in the containing li of the sub menu which I'll keep in
mind for next time. The position: static; seems to be working so I will just
stick with that this time around. Thanks for sharing your links - they've been
bookmarked!

 Elli Vizcaino
Web Designer & Developer
http://www.E7Flux.com
The Best Compliment We Can Receive Is A Referral!