Am 27.07.2012 01:43 schrieb Georg:
On 27.07.2012 00:46, Georg wrote:
On 27.07.2012 00:18, Boray ERIS wrote:
Is this a joke?

Nope. It's CSS!

...an if you don't bother to test this old float-alternative at your
end, here are a few examples.

http://www.gunlaug.com/contents/test/test-floating-boxes.html
http://www.gunlaug.com/contents/test/test-floating-boxes-c.html
http://www.gunlaug.com/contents/test/test-floating-boxes-r.html

Thank you very much Georg, this is great news! I don't think correcting for IE7 and even IE6 is a great deal, giving them some extra CSS via conditionnal comments.

Now there is one thing that I noticed: With inline-block, a space character remains between the elements and is added to the margins. This can be a problem in case you try to calculate the total width of a number of the "floated" elements, as I did in my real case (inline-block not yet applied, as this is publicly online):
http://www.rapid.ch/de/rapid-einachsgeraete/prospekte.html

The headings here match the width of 3 image elements plus borders and the 2 margins between them. With space characters added to the margins, the width cannot be caluclated reliably anymore.

Maybe you know a workaround for this, too?

Thanks for your help!
Markus