On Mon, Oct 28, 2013 at 9:21 AM, Micky Hulse <mickyhulse.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm kinda thinking about buying:
> <http://www.sketchingwithcss.com/>
> Looks/sounds like a fresh take on the subject matter.

An off-list comment by a person who mentioned that they did not like
the Sketching with CSS $199 price tag.

I thought it would be useful to the list, so here's my reply:

<snip>

I think there's a 29$ version (scroll to bottom):

<http://www.sketchingwithcss.com/>

[this must be the] sample chapter (I actually found out about the
book via this page):

<http://www.sketchingwithcss.com/samplechapter/>

It does seem spendy, but the topics he covers are much different from
what I've seen from most "books".

I kinda hate reading those books that 3/4 of the book's content is
introductory or intermediate. I thought the above looked like advanced
topics. I'd pay for a quality book if it helps me learn some new and
useful techniques.

29$ might be a good starting point. Then you could decide to upgrade. :)

</snip>

Also, +1 for ALA books.

--
<git.io/micky>