MiB wrote:

OMG, that was serious. So you’re implying that your tools PREVENTS
you from doing mistakes? So what are these tools then?

My brain and the W3C validator :  the only tools I need.

Maybe a more reasonable question to answer here would be how fast
such a user error can be fixed in a CMS when it is discovered.
That’s much more interesting than to pretend your own code is always
perfect.

I don't pretend.  I write valid code, period.

Are you certain there is never code errors in sites built with
popular CMS products out there.

Of course not.  That is one (of many) reasons why I eschew CMS.

Are you certain no site you’ve built contain even the slightest
error? If so, I must bow to your superior coding.

No site that I have ever built contains invalid code that I have written. If a collaborator chooses to import a module that contains invalid code, that code may well make it into the site; this would be something over which I have no control.

Care to make this viewpoint interesting? I bet you $1000 I can fix
such a user error in Perch, which I don’t use, significantly faster
than you can in Drupal. I can find a third party, that you will
trust, that can set up such at test with timers. Are you a man or a
mice?

What leads you to believe that :

> Line 435, Column 7: Stray end tag div.

is the result of user error and not something innate to Perch ? The real question is none of the above : it is simply "How much attention do the Perch developers pay to QA, and why was that particular error not picked up before the site went live ?".

Philip Taylor