On 5/2/15 2:52 PM, Karl DeSaulniers wrote:
Hi David,
Seems a hefty price to pay when you can do the same thing without flex-box and
regular css2.
Unless I am missing something, this IS just an expanding column of cat
pictures. Yes?

This pen works in Safari, Chrome and Firefox (on a Mac) with no problems as far
as I could see.
LMK if different or if I am missing the point of the exercise.  (:  ))

http://codepen.io/designdrumm/pen/qddQpV

Admittedly the motivation was curiosity. But flex-box seems much sturdier - no
inline-block hacks, nor margin hacks to center floats!

This is to display thumbnails for photo galleries.

You are right in that the payoff will only come later, when I can get rid of
legacy code to reduce both code and maintenance. Just thinking ahead ... :)

--
Cordially,
David