On 5/2/15 10:18 PM, Philippe Wittenbergh wrote:

Le 3 mai 2015 à 01:02, David Hucklesby <huckle...@gmail.com> a écrit :

Ah, yes. Did not know about that. Confused by the fact Chrome *does* apply
 the padding.

Yes, Chrome / Blink  (and Webkit) is not spec compliant for this (and many
other things flexbox related). They unprefixed the flexbox code when they
forked from Webkit) in a fit of holier-than-thou mentality.

Some developers can be quite arrogant, sadly.

Actually am applying this on top of inline-blocks via @supports (
flex-wrap: wrap ) to prevent old Android versions using it. So Safari is
locked out anyway.

What issue (and which old Android) are you seeing? And, you lock out IE 10/11
as well?

 <http://caniuse.com/#feat=flexbox>

I’m looking at canIuse, which notes that Android 4.2−4.3 don’t support
flex-wrap. But I don’t see that as an issue, as I use inline-blocks as a base
(with alignment impossible with floats). But, unless I minimize the HTML, none
of the usual hacks for getting rid of extra gaps seem to work reliably
cross-browser. Hence my interest in using flex-box. :)

BTW: Flex box lets me put fixed padding on the blocks - something that breaks
other solutions. So - problem solved!

Thanks for the feedback.

--
Cordially,