-Caveat Lector-

<<Hey, Roadsend, you're "refutation" of the Leuchter report site is

inaccessible as of this moment. Maybe it will open up later and I'll

definitely look at it. But your mindset is showing, my friend, when you

resort to calling my post irrational. I'm changed by evidence (of which I

noticed you included none in your post), not intimidated by name calling.>>

I was able to visit it earlier.  The evidence on the site is overwhelming.
Kudos again to Nizkor.

<<Does it all disturb you that it is a potential "crime" to pass out the

Leuchter Report in Canada, Germany, France, and numerous other countries?

If it had been refuted, I just don't think it would be banned in these

countries.>>

It has been refuted, but agreed, ideas, even if false or wrong, should never
be a crime.

<<I'm waiting for my answer from the list manager, but I don't think this

list is going to attract the best scholars and discussion if you allow an

issue to be discussed, and then only allow one position to be defended. My

recommendation would be to ban an issue altogether, or allow reasonable

discussion of that issue. Jim Condit Jr.>>

The real reason this Holocaust-denial stuff has been excluded from this site
is not because it is false (which it is) and not because it is inflammatory
(which it is) but because many Holocaust denyers can't leave well enough
alone.  If someone wants to bring it up once and a while, fine.  Then bring up
the "evidence", and let it be debated.  What did end up happening was that the
Holocaust-denyers and the Jewish-conspiracy obsessed "conspiracy theorists"
began spamming CTRL with their blather.  It got real old real quick.  As far
as I'm concerned, the big sin here wasn't being false or dangerous, but being
boring.  People were leaving the list, and Roadsend finally took charge,
although he was clearly quite reluctant too.  As far as I'm concerned, he
should've took charge sooner and more forcefully, but that tells you he was
bending over backwards to allow the free exchange of ideas.

So there's your answer: don't blame Roadsend or CTRL for excluding the
Holocaust opinions you think are being silenced, blame the morons who promote
that view for doing all in their powers to discredit it.

Robert Sterling
Editor, The Konformist
http://www.konformist.com