-Caveat Lector- >owe any allegiance," said Henry Clay.  Did not they, and Jefferson
>Davis and Robert Lee and their cohorts, all pledge oaths to support
>and defend the Constitution of the United States, their nation?
>Are not those who broke those oaths and waged war upon their nation,
>traitors?  Do you support insurrection and treason?

You'll notice that each officer who had sworn an oath to support the constitution resigned his commission before accepting rank in the Confederate army.  It's also perfectly legal for a citizen to renounce his citizenship and be naturalised elsewhere.  This is treason?

>>they fought for their State against the Lincoln usurpers who invaded them.
>
>I see, the southern attack on Ft. Sumter, which inaugurated the
>war, was an invasion by the North?  How curious...

Try reading Lincoln Takes Command by Tilley.  Written in the 1940's by a Southerner using only northern sources--the OR, diaries of major northern politicians, etc.  He shows very convincingly that Lincoln began to orchestrate the war before he was even inaugurated.  By the way, the English philosopher, Hallam, said: "The aggressor in war, that is, is he who begins it, is not the first who uses force, but the first who renders force necessary."  Clearly Lincoln.  After the Confederacy fired on the ship sending re-inforcements to Fort Sumter, Lincoln called for soldiers "to put down the rebellion."  Now, I dont know about you, but I was taught that it was only congress who could declare war.  Ol' Abe was off to a fine dictatorial start, wasn't he?
Jim,
Residing in the Federal Satrapy of Ohio

"And I searched for a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one."  Ezekiel 22:30. DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER İİİCTRL is a discussion and informational exchange list. Proselyzting propagandic screeds are not allowed. Substance—not soapboxing! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory', with its many half-truths, misdirections and outright frauds is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRL gives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credeence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply. Let us please be civil and as always, Caveat Lector. İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİÚrchives Available at: http://home.ease.lsoft.com/archives/CTRL.html http:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/ İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİo subscribe to Conspiracy Theory Research List[CTRL] send email: SUBSCRIBE CTRL [to:] [EMAIL PROTECTED] To UNsubscribe to Conspiracy Theory Research List[CTRL] send email: SIGNOFF CTRL [to:] [EMAIL PROTECTED] Om