-Caveat Lector-

What HE said!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 19:42:59 -0500
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [cp] Ashamed to be an American, courtesy of Congress, Clinton, et al

Leslie, and others:

There is a growing awareness in the US that our Federal government is out
of control.  Some of us have been aware of it for a lot longer (anywhere
back to DECADES earlier).  The Feds operate like Nazis, so one would
presume they have a Nazi philosophy behind their actions.  The US is one of
the most propagandized nations on the planet, with most citizens deriving
their "reality" from television.

There are many here (mostly regarding drug policy reform and also 2nd
amendment concerns regarding firearms ownership) who have been fighting Fed
infringements of our most basic and civil rights, and mostly this has been
to no avail.

I am an American, I was born here in New York and have lived here all my
life.  I also hate the policies of my government - I hate that I am coerced
into paying taxes which are used predominately for evil ends of oppression
of peoples both here and abroad, around the world.  And now, as we enter
the final chapter of American history, the decline of the American Empire
is about us and all legal mechanisms which our founding fathers had
designed to impede and prevent tyrannical centralization of power have been
subverted.  Excepting a RARE vote of conscious by small panels of lower
court judges (whose decisions which are invariably set aside
at the behest and whining of our Federal Gestapo agencies, until such time
as they can twist enough arms to make sure that when the item at hand is
reconsidering that their intentions will prevail), there is no more justice
being done here.

The will of the people is for naught, as our government governs (if you
want to call it that) on the simple principle of "Might Makes Right!".  The
courts, the legislature, the enforcers - they are all irretrieveably
corrupt and malign.  There is no longer any possible way of meaningful
reform - the social sickness that pervades to the highest offices has
reached the terminal point, and has even infected the reality of the common
man and woman.  The Feds are the BIG APE on the block, the "dominant
primate male", and even though most people will admit that the Fed govt is
out of control, there is no direct, functional, legal mechanism which can
save us now.  Voting - supposedly the hallmark of democracy, has been so
managed and controlled that only elite-approved candidates are ever known
the public (much less, what people see are the meaningless "feel-good"
commercials of politicians posing with PIGS and children, talking bs about
how they are making the community safer, etc, while the REAL issues and
repercussions of failed policies are ignored altogether).

So there is no argument about the fact that the United States of America -
the things it ever claimed to stand for, is functionally dead and extinct.
What is left is nothing but propaganda, hollow words, and our Flag
desecrated by traitors, criminals (politicians), and scoundrels as it blows
in the wind like an obscene gesture around the world to remind all the
peasants (and everyone else for that matter) WHO THE BIG GANG ON THE BLOCK IS.

It makes me ashamed to be an American.  And I am saddened to see so many of
my citizens helpless victims of ignorance due to unremitting propaganda
they pay good money every month for the privelege to receive.

Welcome to the Planet of the Apes!
  "From the rage of today's downtrodden comes the revenge of tomorrow's
                    revolutionary force." Edward Britton   ><>
           http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5285/connector1.html
    Talk to the planet: http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/Reality_Pump2