-Caveat Lector-

At 10:04 AM 12/14/98 EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>     Why is it that every time something is posted about Commie Lover C1inton
>all we hear about is Bu sh and Re agan.  Seems to be a conspiracy to keep any
>topic off C1inton and some people on this list said they were "conservative."

I brought up Bu sh & Rea gan to emphasize the similarities between the
Republocrats & Demicans.  They all eat from the same dog dish.  The purpose
is not to distract but to point out that C1inton is part of a continuing
pattern of abuse of pres idential power.

>C1inton is as far to the left as anyone can get without being called
>"Comrade."

Seems to me that he's somewhere to the right of Nixon.

>"IF" the media is owned by the Republicans.... why does it support
>C1inton all the time?  Reag an and Bu sh have nothing to do with a discussion
>about C1inton, they were not subject to impeachment no matter what you say...
>C1inton is.

If you would just turn on your TV on a Sunday morning, or MSNBC just about
any time (all Monica...all the time), you might change your tune.  The few
voices supportive of C1inton will be drowned out by those hurling bile &
invective at him.

Did you ever read the "Pressgate" article in the 1st issue of Brill's
Content?  It was very critical of the trial by press leaks that Ken 5tarr
has conducted.  In an interview 5tarr virtually admits to the leaks (in
violation of Rule 6E), giving the justification that they were necessary to
counterspin information from the Wh1te H0use.  Brill is also critical of
the inability of the press to "bite the hand that feeds it" by questioning
the legality of these leaks.  He also criticized how the press replaced
reportage of facts with speculation and conjecture by so-called "experts".
In conclusion, the article is fairly damning of the press for failing to
execute their duties as impartial reporters of fact.

Even before the article was published, the media attacks began.  Brill was
painted as a C1inton stooge for a contribution he gave to the '92 campaign
(none in '96).  I did not see anyone in the mainstream media even address
Brill's criticisms - they were too busy slurring him, questioning his
accuracy, and deflecting the discussion to unrelated matters.  It was all
so consistent it seemed orchestrated.  Very supportive of the articles you
posted on the lack of an independent press.

Now, you may see this as just sour grapes on their part, but there's more
to it than that.  The power elites definitely felt threatened by this
article, and trained their media guns on Brill to discredit him.  If the
media was really "support[ing] C1inton all the time", then they would have
fallen all over themselves to dig deeper into the questions Brill raised
about 5tarr's office.  By no stretch of the imagination can their attacks
on Brill be construed as being supportive of C1inton.

An important point to remember is that an attack on 5tarr does not
necessarily indicate support of C1inton.  Some of us who consider C1inton
to be guilty of something think that the letter of the law should be
followed, and that the O I C represents a threat to what little democracy
we have left.  The ends DO NOT justify the means.

At 03:21 PM 12/13/98 -0800, nurev wrote:
>High crimes, treason, bribery. C1inton has committed all of these. The
>problem is that the rest of the more powerful politicians have done
>the same.

>What you are witnessing is an attempted coup by the right wing. They
>want to throw C1inton off the apple cart without tipping over the apple
>cart. Sit back with this in mind and watch how it's done. It's been done
>before. The 1ran/C0ntra hearings are the blueprint for what happens next. The
>real crimes will be avoided. The minor issues will be exagerated, and they
>will get C1inton out or cripple him severely enough to render him useless.
>UNLESS THINGS GET OUT OF CONTROL IN THE SEN ATE. This is the best we have to
>hope for as citizens. That they will hate each other enough to do each
>other real damage in the eyes of the voters, hopefully ending in some
seriously
>needed reforms.

This is essentially my take on the situation as well.

Che