-Caveat Lector-

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999, Sno0wl wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> On 25 Mar 99, , Brian wrote:
>
> >  -Caveat Lector-
> >
> > KOSOVO DRUGS TARGET "CHRISTIAN INFIDELS"
> >
> >   "U.S. soldiers called upon to enforce a 'peace' accord that
> >   turns Kosovo over to  the  KLA  might be interested to know
> >   that they are risking their lives on behalf of  a  criminal
> >   syndicate  that  for  years has pumped heroin into the U.S.
> >   and  threatened  the  lives  of  American  law  enforcement
> >   officials." [1]
> >
> > (CNNS, 03/25/99) -- New York City is the final destination of the
> > Istanbul-Yugoslavia-New York heroin pipeline.  Between 25 and  40
> > percent of the U.S. heroin supply travels this route. [2]
>
> How does this explain 10,000 refugees--women, children, the elderly-- fleeing their
> burning villages?

It's a thing called "civil war." In our own, U.S. Civil War, General
Sherman also did a lot of burning.

> Now the Kosovans are heroin traffickers. And The Serbs are the Boy Scouts?

That is a *non sequiter*.

> Are we supposed to believe that The Slob is just trying to cleanse the world of
>heroin
> traffickers? And we are bombing the "good guys"?

Believe what you want. The first casualty of war is truth. Mainstream
press gives its own one-sided picture, as do U.S. politicians and
top bureaucrats. The real circumstance, as a Confederate general
once said: War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it. It's a bad
situation all around, but NATO is making it worse. Plus, as noted,
I don't trust the humanitarian fig leaf as NATO's motive. If U.S.
is truly so concerned about humanitarian, there are many still
suffering in Central America after Hurricane Mitch, yet the
great humanitarians of Washington, DC have done little about that.
I'm amazed that someone who's apparently knowledgeable about
conspiracies, such as yourself, has apparently bought into the
mainstream media propaganda which demonizes the Serbs. Many also
bought into the Waco propaganda, in 1993, but you'd think, at
some point, people would "get it."

Brian Redman
Editor, CNNS