-Caveat Lector-

On 26 Mar 99, , Brian wrote:

>I 'm amazed that someone who's apparently
> knowledgeable about conspiracies, such as yourself, has apparently bought
> into the mainstream media propaganda which demonizes the Serbs.

Thank you for thinking me "knowledgeable."

Some years ago, when the Olympics were held in Sarajevo, all these folks were living
peacefully side by side. Someone stirred up old animosities and opened old wounds. I
would lay that little burden at the feet of whoever was working with the neo-Nazis--
and perhaps implicate the Vatican...as I've said before, I read a book --a novel by a
very well-informed and well-known author (whose name I can't recall as I can't recall
the title of this novel) which pretty well laid out what eventually happened  a year
or two
later in Bosnia-Herzigovena. What is happening now was planned at least a decade
ago.

What I do "buy" is that it is the Serbs who have been  massacring masses of civilians
and that the huge numbers of refugees will create serious instability in surrounding
regions.

In a Civil War, people die in battle. When people are massacred in the tens of
thousands, that is not Civil War--it is genocide. It was genocide in Cambodia and in
East Timor and it is genocide in Bosnia and Kosovo. Genocide is never okay--whether
the US choses to do something about it or not.Genocide is wrong even when drug
money pays for the few guns the victims have to defend themselves with.

However, whenever things turn ugly in the Balkans, we all have reason to worry.
If someone wanted to ignite WWIII, it is one of the two likely tinderboxes.

Brian, I can't even pretend to understand. I'm not "buying" anything.

sno0wl